Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sport etiquette. What's with that?

I've come to watch my son play tennis tournament today.
    I run two businesses so usually I'm extremely busy, but I've organised well in advance that I'm taking this time off. A few unhappy customers, but hey - I have a life too!
    Anyway...
    There werent that many spectaculars there, but amongst them - some of my customers that, to my surprise, gave me a silent treatment and didn't even look my way. I checked with my son whether he knows them and he said that he played against their kids and won. OMG - is this rude or what?! Because my son happens to love tennis and be pretty good at it - I copped it?! Well, he did as well - later on I saw those children completely ignoring mine as he went to wish them good luck for the doubles matches. How bad was that?!
    Now as I go back to work on Monday, I'm puzzles to how I should treat those customers...
    I feel so hurt!

All the hard work and extra hours and countless favours that I've done for them got quickly forgotten because their precious children got outplayed by mine!
    What would you suggest?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Keep it separate. You are more than welcome to laugh at the situation and take pride in your child during your reveries. But for your own good, you can't let the situation affect your business. If they have a problem with it, just remind them its just yours kids playing a game.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm 14 and its exactly the same for my parents when I do tournaments; parents overact hugely! Cold stares, mutters on confusing decisions...It gets a bit sad in the end. Just ignore it, and if your son does win console the parents (without looking to smug!)