Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can this Verizon phone be activated with Page Plus service?

My hubby and I would like to start using Page Plus, but I'm not happy with their phone selection. We need only basic phones that will make calls and text. I found this phone from best buy, the Samsung u365, meant to be used with Verizon prepaid. It's just a basic flip phone, but it's Verizon branded and is CDMA. Would I have any problems here? According to my research, as long as the phone is with Verizon and CDMA it will work. Thanks for any help you can give me.

http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/product/tablet/detail.jsp?skuId=9263076&productId=1218071324172&t ab=default#overview

Downloads
    Uploads
    You need to ask Page Plus to be sure. Often, pre paid phones are impossible/harder to unlock or switch to a different carrier compared to non-pre paid phones. That's because the company selling a prepay phone is already discounting it because they expect to make up all of that by selling you minutes, so if you buy it but don't use it on their network, they lose money. To prevent that happening, they program these phones so that they ONLY ever work on their own prepay.

If that phone doesn't work out, another good place to get cheap basic phones is on eBay. Just look for a used Verizon phone that's not prepay and has a clean ESN (the clean ESN means the phone's network ID has never been listed as lost/stolen - phones with a bad ESN usually can't be activated).