Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why are domestic violence rates so high in lesbian couples?

http://www.pandys.org/articles/lesbiandomesticviolence.html

If men are the only abusers ? I'm rather confused because obviously women can only be victims of domestic violence and never the abusers..
    Blaise - I object the portrayal of men as abusers - and the assumption that men are guilty until proven innocent in domestic violence cases.

Mandatory male arrest policies are direct result of this way of thinking. If yo find it offensive that I point out any flaws in this way of thinking, thats your problem.

The split on male/female victims 40/60 - It would be nice to have this fact recognised by police, courts and the media.
    the word abuser should not be synonymous with male.

rates are lower for homosexual couples - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14650663

curiouser and curiouser..

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's all lies put out by the sneaky underhanded misogynist MRA's

Females are actually nice. only men are violent. We know this because, as any female knows, testosterone causes violence.

The only time a female lezzo becomes violent is when she takes testosterone which then causes her to be violent to a female.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Women initiate relaionship violence more than men and are as violent as men. Heterosexual relationships easily get them off the hook as fingers are easily pointed at men but lesbian relationships spill them out since men aren't to blame in this case.

Downloads
    Uploads
    True, men aren't always the cause of domestic violence but that doesn't mean we should rule lesbians as the common abusers. Maybe they rule out more in the LGBT community, but I know they don't reach the rates of hetero domestic violence.

There is more (straight) woman on man abuse, than (lesbian) woman on woman...

I think gay men would also be quite as violent domestically. I mean, they are two MALES living together - so expect some physicality. Love him or not, I know I can get physical with another man.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know. I want to see what another user has to say on this. So I'll wait...

I will tell you that one of my exes went both ways. After we broke up she got into a lesbian relationship with another woman. One day she got the cops called on her though because her lover complained that she raped her. I asked my ex if this was true but she wouldn't give me a straight answer.

It was crazy. The cops were investigating it and everything.

Downloads
    Uploads
    As you say women can never be abusers only victims under the laws and public polices. Therefore many woman continue to be abusers. Therefore in lesbian couples women are as abusive as they always are but their partner reports the abuse.

Downloads
    Uploads
    hey Woody. Whats up? Why do you continue to post the same old questions, as if they have not already been discussed ad nauseum? Last month it was single mothers, again and again and again.

Now DV.

As to DV, when statistically, men recieve serious injuries to the same level that women do, when men are killed and / or raped by their partners and ex partners to the same level as women, then your self-pity might be justified.

No one denies men are victims too. But when the life of a female victim might be on the line, it makes sense that the law would err on the side of caution.

Better an inconvinienced man than a dead woman who was too afraid to press charges.

It is not that I value the women over the man, it is just that the consequences of each course of action have VERY different outcomes. Mandatory arrests did not come about in a vaccum, you know. The reasons they were drafted are as valid now as they were before their implementation.

We are not living in Disney Land. There is never going to be a law that will not have undesirable impacts. I wish I could wave a magic want and make everything completely fair and just, and I feel enormous sympathy for those families who are impacted adversely through no fault of their own, so please do not try to imply that I don't.

But while you are fighting this issue, do you ever stop to imagine the consequences if you got your way?