Are there any old sattelite pictures of joliet, il from the early 1900's or even

Alex

May 12, 2008
earlier? I live in joliet, illinois and i was wondering if there were any sattelite pictures of joliet on the internet from 1900's or even earlier?

Please tell me you're joking. Please tell me you don't seriously think there WERE satellites in the 1900's. You're not joking, are you.

The earliest satellite images might be from the 1950s or 1960s but there was no such thing as a man made satellite in space before that time frame, so there couldn't be anything older than that.

How old do you want? There wasnt satellite pictures before the 1980s because the technology wasnt around for common folk like you and me.

Hey Martin, you do realize that 1990 was in the "1900s".

The two Joliet city libraries may have early maps of their area. An early map of Joliet might show farms named for their owners, plus churches and schools. The city began in the 1870s. (My grandparents were married on Dec. 4, 1901 at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Joliet.) You might also find pictures of early buildings, bridges, and businesses, but no satelite pictures.

Back