This girl smokes...and I'm allergic to nicotine...what should I do?

lordbios

Oct 7, 2010
So this girl that likes me, and I think she's pretty cool, she smokes. I'm allergic to nicotine, gives me a headache, makes me nauseous and gives me rashes on my legs (bizzare huh?) and not to mention, I can't stand the smell, and it definitely doesn't help my pursuit of playing basketball professionally overseas (I've actually had an offer in the past, before I tore my MCL) out very much. She tries to hide it, but I can still taste it. Anyways, I want her to quit, but I know she'll just do it anyways, considering her whole family smokes, and all of her friends too. So what should I do? I'm not super attached, but I'm not completely un-attached either. We aren't official, so I'm going to tell her I won't date a smoker, but she'll just say she'll quit and do it anyways. Which I won't stand for. So should I just lay the smack down and say hell nah, or what? Thanks guys. :) PEEEACCEE not to mention, she's under age, 17. Ugh. Anyways, have a good night.

this girl isn't worth your time if she won't even consider your suggestions. tell her to choose between you and the nicotine. if she has some B$ answer prepared like, "I love you so much babe, and I'll try REALLY HARD to quit," then dump her. those kind of girls always make excuses for their problems. they don't know what they have until they lose it (in this case, you).

Better now than never I personally am a package deal its pretty gross I know but I won't date a non smoker.

Why risk your health over a girl. Girls who smoke=unattractive in my opinion. So yeah I would take you advice and lay the smack down and move on to the next one.

Back