Car Audio Setup (Subwoofers , Amplifiers , Speakers)?

scetchin

Mar 12, 2009
Need alittle help wanna make sure im doing this all correctly..

I bought

2x 12" Kicker Subwoofers (10C128)
Amp Powering them will be Kicker ZX350.4 Amplifier

I also purchased

4x Kicker (KICKER DS65) 6.5" Speakers An i plan on getting a second ZX350.4 to power them in due time..

My questions are

1. The amp i have with my subwoofers is that going to be enough power for them? i seen them in packages together frequently just wanna make sure it'll get the most out of my subs cause if not i can always upgrade my subwoofer amplifier an use that amp for my door speakers

2. Amplifies a headunit really worth it? How could i do that with this setup?

Help appreciated asap!

ok man well to start out you did make one coomon mistake and that is with the subwoofer amplifier. you purchased a 4 channel amplifier which is primarily designed to power door speakers (your mids and highs) . the type of amp you'll want for the subs is a CLASS D MONOBLOCK amplifer, these amps are designed to reproduce low bas frequencies. (a 2 channel amp would work but only resort to it if theres no way for you to get a monoblock amp.) Use the zx350.4 for your door speakers and they will sound great. this would make a perfect amp for the subs http://www.amazon.com/Rockford-Fosgate-P300-1-300-Watt-Amplifer/dp/B0015P74N0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361521804&sr=8-1&keywords=300+watt+monoblock

Back