Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

who thinks Nascar is truly a sport?

When a female can compete at them same level as a man, at a professional level, and beat other professionals how do you really truly believe that is a true sport. You are dealing with g forces, yes, but at the end of the day you are driving machinery, where other sports you are using your body solely.

In any of the most popular sports of the world , this does not happen , a woman would be injured or consistently embarrassed at a rate well above average at every contest. I respect the skill of the drivers and it technically is a sport, but it doesn't compare to the other sports where someone is constantly using their body and ONLY their body to score points or get from point A to B.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Based on this, I can only assume you've never raced anything other than on a video game, so I guess you can be forgiven for not knowing how physical it is.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So by your logic: A woman does well in a sport => It's not a sport.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It isn't a sport, it's entertainment for rednecks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, motor-SPORTS are SPORTS; the FACT can't be changed, so what you or myself think is totally irrelevant.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It is not a sport its stupid

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm a former street racer (although I can still do it), and I raced cars, motorcycles & snowmobiles. I never liked sports. I never considered motorsports a sport, even though it's classified as a sport. I always considered sports for jocks, who change their clothes together in a stinky locker room and take showers together, So no way in hell do I consider NASCAR a sport. I wouldn't stoop to that level. Whoever thinks NASCAR is a sport is just being a tad overzealous. I had to draw the line somewhere, and I totally disassociate motorsports with anything the jocks do.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yur Funny Man. Nascar is a sport by every definition. it doesn't take a degree to figure that out. Nascar drivers use there body in lot of ways man. why do you think Dale Jr can hardly speak after race? This is an awesome sport. Yur just a HATER.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dude, you're clueless. It's a sport by every definition.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Your strapped in To a seat EXTREMELY tight and the car has no air conditioning and usually heats up past 100 degrees F. Not to mention when you wreck (which happens every race) you get hurt.... People have died from them. And in football, they need a football right? Soccer, they need. A soccer ball, same for NASCAR, they just need a car. And to be a driver you most likely are always working out and staying fit. I have a TON of respect for the drivers and sport. And I am 100% NOT a redneck! Just saying.