Chances of becoming a successful mma fighter?

Josh

May 11, 2008
Im 17 a senior in high school, I used to wrestle, but not so much anymore. Right now I'm training in kickboxing and jiu jitsu. I go whenever I can. Im saving up some money to last me a little while so I can cut back my hours at work and start training almost religiously. I'm 6'1 I weigh about 194 but I've been trying to cut to 180 185 my reach is about 72-73. This is something I really love to do, which its hard for me to find things like that, I don't have many friends or a girlfriend so this is a great confidence booster if nothing else. Just want to know my chances of success in making this a career?

The chances of becoming successful depnds on how hard you're willing to train. MMA fighters work themselves to the ground just to get even a fraction closer to their goals.

It's not an unrealistic goal. What is unrealistic are the kids coming on here saying they want to fight in the UFC someday. It won't happen. But like I said, if you work hard, you can have a successful pro career someday.

Yo Man if you really want it, and it's your passion, DO IT!!! You have everything it takes.. Just have alot of confidence plus desire and it could be Yours.

making a living from it i would say about 2 of 3% of the people can actually make a living off of it, if not even less. i wouldn't count on that much. you better have a good back up plan.

being a good fighter, you have a much better chance

17 is very young. You have a good chance to suceed if you really go for it and find a good gym.

Back