I Need help with my DVD. Will it burn?

Gabby

May 16, 2008
I Made a slide show with pictures of the family for my moms birthday. I made the video?slideshow with Windows Live movie maker. After i finished I saved the video to my computer and attempted to select the "Burn A DVD" option on the program. It seemed as if everything were going as planned until it claimed to have an error the last 10% of burning. Later I tried bruning the video to Windows Media Player. I simply dragged the video to the blank DVD and it burned! yet when i put the DVD back in or try it on my DVD player, nothing comes up. I need to make this DVD before the day is over to show my mother and siblings. Whenever I try to go back on Windows Live Movie Maker it says that files are missing and the space that was once filled with pics and vids are blank black spots. Luckily I have the video saved to my computer all I need now is a way to make an official DVD. Please help, thank you

First, when you burned a DVD using Media Player, you made a Data DVD which means it won't play automatically. You can put it into a computer (and some DVD players), open it and double click on the file to run it.

Second, it's too bad you can't tell us what the error message said when you tried to make a DVD in Movie Maker. If your project made it through step 1 of the Burn DVD option, you have the video saved to your computer - thank Heavens! (Yes, I am old:) You can try using Windows DVD Maker alone to make a playable DVD. Go to Start>All Programs>Windows DVD Maker and give it a try outside of Movie Maker. If you get another error message, write down what it says, click my avatar and email it to me and/or you might post another question with the message in it.

Here's some information on how to use DVD Maker - make menus, add music, etc.
http://www.windowsdvdmaker.com/guides/Beginner/

PS - Video editors (including Movie Maker) only link to the clips and picts you put in them when you make a project. If you move the clips and picts, Movie Maker can't find them on your computer - but usually it displays a triangle with a yellow exclamation point in it for each missing item.

Back