Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What car is best on fuel travelling 370 miles every week, ford fiesta 2009...

...1.4 or vw 2008 1.9 both diesel? I want to buy a car, lm not sure what to get between a ford fiesta 2009 1.4 or a vw 2008 1.9 both diesel
    I been told fiesta is easy to run but my heart is on the vw, is it expensive to run a 1.9 engine.
    I travel 360 miles a week , which car will cost me less on fuel and would last me longer
    Please help
    Thanx in advance

I travel to York on A19 sometimes motorway but its always 40 miles upwards as l work 15 mins away which l use mortoway to get there,
    I need something which will be worth selling and still have value in 4 years between the two cars as well

Downloads
    Uploads
    It entirely depends on the roads you will be using. If it is on slow 30mph residential roads the smaller engine will be cheaper but on motorways and dual carriageways the bigger engine is much cheaper. I have a 2ltr diesel and it is cheaper on motorway journeys than the 1.3 and 1.6 petrol cars i had. VW are far better quality anyone who has worked in a ford factory will tell they only put engines in fords to get them out of the factory.
    When it comes to cars or guns always buy german

Downloads
    Uploads
    1. The Ford will be cheaper to buy.
    2. The Ford will be cheaper to service and spares are cheaper and readily available.
    3. The 1.9 will probably cost you more in Insurance
    4. The VW is better quality.

As for running costs - you can reduce both significantly with the way you drive - good anticipation, not being heavy on the gas or brake, driving in the highest gears whilst not labouring the engine.

The Ford will probably be slightly more in fuel costs, but the other costs will be lower. As they say, you pays your money and takes your choice.....