Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How can i play XviD video?

I sometimes download movies from internet. Among them some are in Xvid format. While playing these it say's "Error, Find Codec". I've tried various players like Kmplayer, VLC player, BSplayer, Media player classic etc. Please help me!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Changing player won't help. Players are simply software to display the image and sound - the codecs underlying the player are what decode the information so that the player can understand it.

xVid is a response to the Divx codec that came out ages ago (and is actually better for a lot of things). You can get the latest version from xvid.org or as part of many codec packs. Off the top of my head, Koepi's xVid codec works with most files.

Hope it helps.

Downloads
    Uploads
    dunno

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can download GOM player for Xvid format. This software will show you a warning if you don't have the right codec and than ask you to download the true codec to your system. After downloading the codecs you won't have any problems.

Not only with Xvid videos, with all video file types GOM player will help you to find the right codec.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You have downloaded a fake file then installing any player will be of no help,
    keep VLC player and always look up for comments to know whether it's fake or not.
    any media file that says
    "Download this player or you are missing codec" even if you have player like VLC, then it's fake