should i update my old blackberry curve 8320 os to 4.6 in order to use whatsapp?

AndresPadilla

Oct 17, 2012
i have an old (still working and covering all my cellphone necesities) blackberry curve 8320. I dont plan on buying a new phone in the near future for many reasons. The biggest reason is that i live in Caracas, Venezuela one of the cities with more crimes in the world right now. In here, stealing a cellphone is one of the favorite things to do by the criminals that live for stealing (with firearms in 95% of the cases). So having a new, and more expensive cellphone would just make me a jucier victim, a more attractive prey.
Phone: blackberry curve 8320
Whatsapp version: 2.6.9252

The whatsapp stopped working a few days ago. I had the service started in oct 27 2011, so i didn't end the first free year if use. The whatsapp messenger had like 3 months reminding me to get an update of thier messenger software but i ignored that because i knew i had to upgrade my BlackBerry OS to version 4.6 or hiegher in order to be able to upgrade Whatsapp. I dnd´t upgrade my phone to OS v4.6 beacause i dondt know if my phone is tool old for working with that version and i thought i would be able to use for ever (or for many more months) blackberry os v4.5 and the old version of whatsapp i was using with it.

So, would i be able to upgrade my BB OS to 4.6 in order to download whatsapp again? would that work in my old BB 8320 phone?
pd:I dont want to perform an updtade and leave my old phone not working properly because maybe its hardware isnt enough to run at least "OK" the new software.

Back