Allen Pinkett Likes Bad Citizens

vlad411

Jul 4, 2007
Allen Pinkett, a radio analyst for the Notre Dame Fighting Irish, apparently is a big fan of bad citizens. After four Notre Dame players were recently suspended, Allen Pinkett thought this was great news for the program.

Said Pinkett: “I’ve always felt like to have a successful team you’ve got to have a few bad citizens on the team. That’s how Ohio State used to win all the time. They would have two or three guys that were criminals and that just adds to the chemistry of the team. I think Notre Dame is growing because maybe they have some guys that are doing something worthy of a suspension which creates edge on the football team.”

Pinkett went on to explain that it’s possible for a college football team to be too well-behaved.

“You can’t have a football team full of choirboys,” he said. “You get your butt kicked if you’ve got a team full of choirboys so you’ve got to have a little bit of edge. But the coach has to be the dictator and the ultimate ruler. Here’s my opinion: You don’t hand out suspensions unless you know you’ve got somebody behind that guy that can make plays.”

Do you agree with Allen Pinkett? Let us know in the comment section below.

allen-pinkett-notre-dame.jpg
Allen Pinkett - Notre Dame

Post from: EveryJoe

YKdb6cNRX38

Back