Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Typing alt codes on my laptop..?

Ok so I have an HP Pavilion G6 laptop, it has the function (fn) key but the keyboard lacks a numlock, scroll lock and the number pad. The fn key is white like other keys and there are blue letters but no blue number letters are evident under any key. I want to be able to type alt codes with this keyboard, I do not want to use the on screen keyboard. Can anyone tell me how or if it is even possible using the physical keyboard?

@soupfine doesn't work, there are no numbers under the 789uiojklm keys which I am aware that they are there on most laptop keyboards.. but not mine

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes...to type an alt code you press the fn key..hold it down and then press the key that also doubles as a numeric keypad key. Look closely at your keyboard...on my keyboard the J key is also the numeric key 1. The K key is also numeric 2 and so on.

Anyway, to type alt codes you hold down the fn key and then press the appropriate letter key that also doubles as a numeric keypad key.

EDIT

I looked up your keyboard and it looks you are out of luck...there seems to be no option for the numeric keys on that keyboard and others have complained about that also.