My kitten has fleas how do i get rid of them?

H

hkcutie8

She is 8 weeks old
ashe is 8 weeks and she is scared of water

you gotta get flea killing cat shampoo, follow its directions, and then get some flea collar or get like that flea stuff they always have commercials for

Flea bath everyday until the fleas are gone, keep her body submerged under the warm water for 10 minutes. Do this twice a day to drown the fleas, you will see them floating in the water.
We use to have a cat with really bad fleas, we gave her flea baths with dish soap and we gave her baths in the laundry room sink. It's mean but its meaner to let her suffer with the fleas.

As a cat owner myself, use a either a flea bath that is made for kittens or a flea collar or a flea medication that isn't to strong. Ask your vet to either prescribe you one or tell you one that is good for kittens.

either vet, flea collar, or go to a pet-store and buy flea treatment, it really shouldnt cost that much. if u cant afford this, just give it a bath, even though irt doesnt like them....

They sell flea bath stuff for cats at the pet store... otherwise ask your vet.

yikess. its tricky when they're that young. take her to the vet tomorrow.
because she's so young, most flea medicines are gonna be too strong for her and are really dangerous...because the chemical gets into their system, so she could OD and start seizing and die...its horrible

just take her to the vet ASAP and ask them wats up

you could maybe just give her a regular bath...no soap...or maybe some baby shampoo if anything

aw mine is 8 weeks old too! :) dish soap is a safe and effective way to get rid of fleas on young kittens. Palmolive is what my sister (a vet tech) recommends. don't use over the counter flea medications. for my fat 1 1/2 year old cat i use Revolution fleas stuff for him.

buy a fine tooth cat or dog comb
sometimes called puppy combs
some times tick combs

soak her in a hot, soapy bath for a while
some should fall off then
do that a few times
then comb out all the ticks you can find
after that buy flea shampoo and bathe her with that

good luck and enjoy your kitty!

No not at 8 weeks do not put flea medicine on her!!! you need some Dawn regular dishwashing liquid the reg. kind! Wash over and over in it and you'll see the fleas coming off wash rinse wash rinse..exc... Some may cling but there dead from the dawn, take a comb while her hair is wet and comb them out, you may also see some bleeding its on don't scrub hard though, and she'll be so mad right after but cuddle her and she'll realize how much better she feels. have fun!

Since still a kitty, I would recommend using either Dawn unscented dish soap or Palmolive like someone else suggested earlier and gently rub through body. But if fleas are near the head, be careful. I'd do it in the sink, depending on how big/old your kitten is. Comb out gently to remove most of the fleas. Poor thing! As for flea meds, I'd wait for your kitten to get older. Go to 1800petmeds, way cheaper and better known brands as well. Now, I'd recommend vacuuming and disinfecting the area where the kitten was to prevent re-infestation for safety measures.

1-800-petmeds. inexpensive pet stuff delivered to your door.

You need to go to the Vet, and ask them for the remedy that you put on their neck, and it will break the whole flea cycle! If you don't you will find fleas everywhere!! Good Luck!!

Back