What are some good off road vehicles? SUVS? Sedans?

JakeS1

May 16, 2008
Hi I am lookin for a list of vehicles to check out for my next purchase.

I need a vehicle that is good for everyday use to and from school/work/groceries etc... but also one that I can take out of town and off road to semi-off road.

What that means is that I am not looking to do alot of major hill climbing and river crossing etc...but I need it to be able to be good at handling dirt roads and your everyday bump and hill that comes along your general durt road path... I like to go to the mountains and get away for a while when I have down time and I would love a vehicle that can handle the stress..

My toyota corolla s has held up okay as toyotas have always been reliable to me in the past, but it just isn't working out and Im in need of a new vehicle anyways.

Some that I have been interested in just from knowing people who own them are:

toyota fj cruiser
nissan xterra
Subaru outback, forrester, and impreza hatchback
jeep (any of them)

Can anyone comment on any of the above vehicles and or give me a list of other vehicles I might be able to check out... money isnt really an object however I am not the type to blow 85k on a vehicle that I know Im taking up to the mountains so i wouldnt reccomend luxury vehicles like land rovers etc... (their ugly anyways)

Thanks all!

Back