Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bury treats in the yard, ones with a strong smell, and just let her go crazy trying to find them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My dog love to try to bite at the snow as it comes down and it is very funny. Make some snow balls and throw them up in the air. My dog runs and tries to catch them. It is just like throwing a tennis ball. When you clear your sidewalk or driveway, really pile it up and let her run around in it.
    Do NOT join the digging. It isn't good, but as you clear the driveway make a hole IN THE SNOW big enough for her.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm assuming you're not planning on running the Iditarod with your dogs but Winterdance is a really interesting read.

Downloads
    Uploads
    what are all yall talking about

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is something my Shepherd/Husky mix ( named Wesley) loves. When is starts to snow, I have these bundle of rags, tied to the end of some parachute cords. You may not have parachute cord, so use rope. Anyways, I lay them out in the yard, stretched out in multiple directions, but with the end without rags, stick up, usually draped over the fence. The idea being I want to find that end without digging.

So it snows, and covers them up. Went I let the dogs out, (I also have a German Shepherd), Wesley, he goes crazy in fresh snow, must be the Husky DNA. He will race around every where. Well when he finally settles down, I'll have him come over and sit by me, then I'll say "what's that?". And he'll start scanning, then I tug on a rope. He'll race out, start digging around, and I'll keep moving the "mysterious critter" under the snow. sometimes he is having to dig at several targets, cause I'll be moving more then one. It is funny to watch him pounce nose first like a fox.

Sometimes I don't wait until he is done racing. It really gets both dogs going when they see something "moving" under fresh snow.

Anyways, that's one fun game. Give it a try. Sometimes it took a bit to get them going when we first started this new game.

Best of luck.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm your next door (state)neighbor and I know what you mean about cold weather. My best friends son raises, shows, and trains Huskies.....he was a handler at Crufts and Westminster, and he says merely allowing the husky access to the outside when it's cold is enough. They will find their own fun and games, although he says chasing snowballs is his favorite thing to do with all the dogs.
    Imagine running with 20 Huskies.....fun, huh?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12