Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    they will run test and maybe put her down if necessary

Downloads
    Uploads
    Get a good relationship with a vet, and if you are in a multiple vet office, try to pick a favorite and then tell the office staff this is the vet you would like on a permanent basis. I found that gets you extra special treatment.
    You don't say what symptoms your dog is showing, but if it's diarrhea and/or vomiting, your vet will exam the ears, listen to the heart, feel for any lumps and take your dogs temperature and that's about it. You choose the treatment and any tests the vet suggests. You can refuse them and ask for a simple exam, just enough to give the vet an idea about the problem.
    You will be given a prescription for medication if the vet thinks it would help and you may either get the medication from the vet or go to your local pharmacy.
    EDIT; Taking a stool sample in is an excellent idea as worms can sometimes cause quite a bit of distress to your dog.
    My vet sells the medication for less than our pharmacies, so I get it there or have her fax the prescription to my out of town pharmacy......http://www.kvpet.com that is much less than either the vet or my pharmacy.
    Remember it's you that makes the final decision and you do not have to have any tests run that you don't want run.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Purchase your pet's pills from a website by first doing a quick search for ‘pet medication'. Compare a few different websites to see who offers the best pricing. Remember to take shipping cost and shipping time into considering when you buy your pet meds online. flea treatment
    Last edited by jamesparker; 07-21-2012 at 08:27 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123