Is it odd for a handsome guy to like anime?

Anna

May 13, 2008
I know this guy.. I just met him he is really cute/handsome..etc. anyways he told me that he likes anime I kinda like it. I have never met a handsome guy that likes anime I think this is kinda wierd.....do you think a guy like this can exist..because in the past people have been telling me that only the nerds like anime well he is SOO not a nerd? Is that theory wrong? idk what to think I respect anime lovers btw. <(o3o)>
All of you guys have good points who knows maybe there are more handsome guys out there that like anime but they are just too afraid to say so. :D

No. Anime fans are not nerds. My husband is Hot, and he likes anime. Also there are a lot of people who aren't nerds, who like anime. Like some of the members of Linkin Park. Shoot you see Gundam figurines in one of their videos. Gackt is also a big fan of Gundam and if he is considered a nerd for it, then I would gladly be called a nerd. Mmhmm.

loving something has nothing to do with the age / shape / or the community
for example i am 28 years old respectable programmer at a software company (i know i sound geek because i work as a programmer but that is not the case here at my country :) we are pretty respected here)
and i still love to watch anime.
and by the way many of my friends do that too and some of them are extremely handsome .
so to sum up if u are true to your self , you would do anything you like , regardless of what the others might say

Haha of course handsome guys can like anime. There ARE handsome guys IN most animes as well, after all.

Of course not! I think he's one of the rare (handsome) guys that aren't scared to tell others that he likes anime. I think "people" say nerds watch anime are because they're the only ones who's not scared to say that they like something.

"Nerd" is a stereotype and to every stereotype, there's an exception.

I know quite a few who like anime, even though I completely didn't expect it. It's not just these "nerds." I know cute guys, a ton of really pretty girls, aspiring singers/song writers, etc.

I wouldn't say "anime lovers are nerds" is a theory at all. Just another stereotype.

Back