Poll: Do you still go to the theaters and watch a movie or stay at home?

Mark

May 13, 2008
Ever since I bought myself a Sony Bravia 55' flat screen tv since last year, I barely go to the theaters now. I would just stay home, invite some friends or family over, make some microwave popcorn and bought some chips and just order movies on the ppv section. I don't know about you guys, but ppv movies with my cable provider (comcast) are abt $4 each. Movie ticket is $8, but I tend to spend $15-20 just on myself cause I gotta have popcorn and soda. Their so addicting everytime I'm in the movie theaters! lols. Plus watching movies at home is quiet compare to movie theaters.

Do you still watch movies at the theaters or just wait for them until they appear on dvd/blue ray or ppv?

movies at theaters and only buy good ones on dvd/blue-ray.

I enjoy the movies more in the theater, and the 3d and IMAX stuff is just amazing. like I saw Transformers 3 and gosh- MIND BLOWING. gonna buy it on blue ray :D

Staying at home for sure. You don't have annoying kids throwing popcorn or talking loudly. Your seats at home are most likely more comfortable than the cinema ones too. It doesn't cost a fortune to watch one movie which is good for families on a tight budget.

I prefer to stay at home and watch movies, at the volume I want, food I already have, and I can pause it when I want to!

However if I'm REALLY excited about a movie I'll go see it in theaters because I can't wait. I went to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II in theaters, and I am totally going to go and see The Hunger Games when it comes out! :)

We have a great little studio (seats 10) with leather recliners and all so it's great to stay in away from all the noisy and annoying people in the theater.

Back