My car hasnt been moved in 3 months, now it's making funny noise? ?

Mike

May 13, 2008
Not only did my battery die, but it's now making a funny noise( like a tapping) coming from motor or belt

You either need to take it to a shop or if money's tight find a friend that can come by and look at it.

No offense - but trying figure out what's wrong with it over the internet by saying "not moved.... funny noise..." isn't the best way to figure it out.

Or you could let it run for 20 minutes and take it for a spin and see if it works itself out... if not you need help with it.

you likely have an old engine and the oil has not been to the top of the motor lately, let the car warm up good and any funny noises should go away after driving it. It is not a bad idea to change the oil.

My guess is a bad gasket (happens often when a car sits) but I would add the fuel cleaners to the gas check all fluid levels and maybe add prolong to your oil because if it is the oil all at the bottom of the motor that will lube it good but without hearing it myself I could not help much more also open you oil cap and make sure the oil on/in it is not milky (radiator water in the oil. happened to my car that sat 4 months or if a lot gets in a white smoke like steam comes out) but you may be able to just run it till the oil gets back up in the motor so it may fix itself.

Back