Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Prophecies" about 2012?

Firstly, I do *NOT* believe this fear mongering hype. I am, however, curious as to the coincidence that different cultures and people that had no contact with each other prophesied that same date - 2012. These claimed sources include Nostradmus, the Freemasons, I Chang, the Mayans, and a few others I believe. Is there some kind of explanation to this? Did these groups and cultures in fact not predict the world to end in 2012 but rather theorists speculate they did because of the hype?

Downloads
    Uploads
    "Modern day people" living today, often Create Connections
    that do not exist.... it gives them "something to do, something
    to write about, and something to Sell"... You Buying ??

Downloads
    Uploads
    The original Mayan prediction was for a great change not the end of the world. The problem is that some people are easily deceived and there's money to be made by scaring people about doomsday.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm a Freemason, there are no such prophecies for the end of the world in 2012, or at any fixed date.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I am glad to hear that you DON'T believe this crud. However I am dismayed at the inclusion of Freemasonry in your list.
    Freemasons don't prognosticate so not sure where you go that from.

Predictions of the "end of the world" or "the end of the world as we know it" have been flouted since at least written history began.
    I have been reading up on the scientific (archaeological) evidence for the Mayans and their calendar. The truth is less exciting then reality unfortunately. When the Conquistadors over ran most of Central and South America, the monks and priests of the day quickly followed. They immediately sought to destroy any trace of the native culture, literature, etc. They burned all Mayan writings that could find. A few Mayan codex remain and were discovered in a University Library 150-200 years later. Although the Mayan Solar calender was very accurate they grouped the calender into 5, 10 and 100 year blocks. At the end of each 100 year cycle they believed some catastrophe would befall them.
    What was left of the Mayan civilization by the time the Spanish got there was only a fraction of it's former glory. The predictions and calendar mapping had stopped almost 40-50 years before that. So if they had not disappeared I suspect they would have continued their calendar. The catastrophes they predicted were not the "end of the world", but years of war, drought, death, invasion and things like that. This would have been seen as the "end of things as they knew them before".

There are many scientific analysis of the codex and what we know of the calendar and the catoons that were at the end of each cycle, but unfortunately the amateurs got hold of it and really made a mess.

Nostradamus' prediction of cataclysm are generally dated (depending on interpretation) for only after 1000 years of peace on earth. So far that peace has not come, so once it does, wait a 1000 years and we'll see.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Change-not end

Downloads
    Uploads
    I cannot see how anyone can see the future,I consider it a branch of the conspiracy business,full of sad deluded people too full of their own sense of self importance.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The secrets hidden in the Bible

This is not theory, see what the Bible says:

http://soeverythinghappened.blogspot.com/2011/05/lords-day-new-heaven-and-new-earth.html

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Mayan's did not predict the end of the world.
    Nostradamus' profession was Apothecary, and a large amount of his prophecies have been debunked.
    I Ching (not chang) did not predict the end of the world either, rather McKenna, used a computer program to analyse Ching's writing, but revised his results, hypothesis and other data so he could have fit in and match the mayan calender and claim 2012 is going to be the end of the world.
    Rather it is people who want to make a quick buck and claim to have 'interpreted' the data and claim that it holds a prophecy.

There are a large amount of other people who claimed the world was going to end at some point have then constantly revised their date saying their calculations were a bit off (Recent example being Harold Camping). The reality, the world will not end, and the die hard believers will be feeling depressed that they were wrong and dejected because everyone else had the logic to realise it was a bunch of nonsense.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There are no true prophecies about 2012 - the Bible prophecies tell us to remain ready for the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ and he will come as a thief in the night when nobody expects him..
    P