what greek god was the first in existence, not the titans the actual greek gods...

EthanDaves

Jun 11, 2011
...as in zues, athena, ares, etc? i already know the answer im just gonna see how many people do too.
its not hestia good guess though and zues was the youngest of the three brothers and of the children from rhea and cronus and ill give you a hint its not who you'd think it was and hades yes he was the oldest of the three but not the oldest of the children from cronus and rhea

bill, i was looking for a double answer and aphrodite didn't come from cronus true hes the reason she was created but her story goes that uranus ,cronus's father(theres many spellings for it along with many spellings for cronus), feared his children the titans so he shoved them back into the womb of there mother gaea, also uranus's mother, but he didn't do that to cronus so gaea told cronus to casturate his father with his own sclythe and when he did uranus's genitals landed in the sea and created sea foam i'm not sure what island the sea foam traveled to but when that happened apphrodite arose from the sea foam, ive heard calypso's island lots but calypso wasn't even around then i think because calypso was one of the daughters of cronus that zues punished for being the daughter of cronus, and no one really knows how long it took for the sea foam to travel it could of taken centuries for all we know is that it was a myth so its between aphrodite and hestia

In Greek myths, Chaos was first. From it came Erebus and Nyx, god of cosmic darkness and goddess of night.

Edit: Based on your update, I'd guess you're going with the Aphrodite was formed from Uranos' -ahem - nuts being thrown into the sea, so then she's the eldest.

You must must take the first cycle of the Gods and in that time there was only Kaos and Gaea. Kaos was first. Chronus was next and later Zeus . . . Zeus was the first King with humans, but that was because all the others had been swallowed by Chronus.

Hestia.

Since all Olympian gods came from the original six children of Cronus and Rhea, it would be the first-born. Hestia was the first.

Then again, she gave up her seat on Olympus to Dionysus, so it would be Demeter.

Yeah, I was gonna say something about Aphrodite, but she also has an alternate history of being the child of Dione and Zeus.

Heracles (Hercules) and Artemis are the two that have the oldest cult images. As the Greek myths developed they remained in an altered form and took a back seat to the other myths.

it was zeus Poseidon and hades because in mythology it says they took their farther and the other titans down

Back