that new three wheel gizmo that steers from the front,car or bike which is it?

AdamStein

Mar 19, 2011
I know you sit on it,but it has two wheels in front like a car.In my opinion that is no motorcycle!Has anybody drove/ridden one? What did you think of it?

Are you referring to the Can Am Spyder?!?
Well, it's a trike, so if you think trikes are motorcycles than yes it's a motorcycle.
I've ridden one and to be honest I was surprised at it's performance but on the other hand it's not a 'two-wheeled' motorcycle and Can Am doesn't claim that it is one exactly, but the DMV didn't have much choice as to where to place it so into the motorcycle category it goes.
They are kind of fun to ride, sort of like snow skiing versus snow-boarding both get you going and keep the heart a-pumping!
Added- @ Firestormer - Yes, you are correct and to add to that the Spyder does have a reverse.

If you're talking about the Can-Am Spyder, I myself don't consider it a motorcycle because it doesn't lean and you don't use the same physics as you would on a real bike. Even sidecars are closer to motorcycles than those.
If you're talking about the Piaggio MP3, hell yes it's a "bike" because it does lean, even though there's a switch that lets you lock it upright when you come to a stop. Those are kind of cool and I'd love for Piaggio to come out with a more "motorcycly" one using one of their bigger engines and a manual clutch.

Back