How do i reinstall the os on my blackberry storm?

filbert910

Mar 15, 2011
The phone is actually my niece's. My sister gave it to me to see if I could figure out what was going on. Now when the phone is on there is a grey screen with a box that shows a circle, square, and triangle with a circle around the whole thing and a line through it. Underneath it it says Reload Software 507. When I looked on various websites it said to download the desktop program and software for the phone which I did and it still doesnt work. When I run the app loader and the phone is connected it states the connection is USB-Pin: 3063C5E3. Now in most of the forums it stated that on a bricked blackberry that this should say unknown pin. When I click next and the configuring is done the app loader says and I quote:
"The blackberry desktop software does not have the blackberry device software for the device you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless provider or system administrator."

The problem is that I did download the software directly from the blackberry website. I really don't know what to do. Hoping someone can help me. The blackberry I have is the blackberry storm 9530. I got the software from https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/browseSoftware.do.

Back