FOR: New, or Old Fashioned?

tHANNAHt1

Sep 14, 2009
I LOVE new "fangled" names as my mom calls it. BUT, im into SOME old fashion ones too.

examples: New: Aubree, Lauren, Mackenzie, Carson, Carter
Old: Leah, Rosalie, Isaac, Lilah, Eli

SO, my ? is, are you more old fashioned or for newer names?

I like old fashioned names. Most of the names on your "new" list don't seem very new to me except maybe Aubree. When I think of new names I think of names like: Kenzie, Lexie, Hayden, Nevaeh, etc. (I hate those names btw).

I'm more of a traditionalist.
But my daughters middle name is Ashlee (she was born way before anyone knew of Ashlee Simpson, so it wasn't because of her).

But her first name is Sara.

If you like the "new" names, I'd use them as middle names, paired with a more traditional first name.

I'm more of a traditionalist.
But my daughters middle name is Ashlee (she was born way before anyone knew of Ashlee Simpson, so it wasn't because of her).

But her first name is Sara.

If you like the "new" names, I'd use them as middle names, paired with a more traditional first name.

I like old fashioned names. Most of the names on your "new" list don't seem very new to me except maybe Aubree. When I think of new names I think of names like: Kenzie, Lexie, Hayden, Nevaeh, etc. (I hate those names btw).

I prefer old fashioned ones.

Aubree, Lauren & Mackenzie (what I'm assuming you would use on a girl?) are all masculine.
Carson & Carter aren't horrid though. I like Carter.

Leah is gorgeous, Isaac is on my list, Eli is handsome, Rosalie is beautiful and Lila is great.

So, yes, I'm more for old fashioned names. We're naming our daughter Adele Evelyn :)

Unique, newer names names. I like a mixture though, there are names that I don't like that are old, like Mary, Anne or Margaret. But I like Grace and Lilah.

Lol, how are any of your "new" examples new? They've been around forever.

I'm in the middle, I like some new (unpopular) names, and I like some old.

Old all the way! Most newer names soundly either cutesy/silly/childish (like Aubree, Skyler, Brayden, Chase, etc.) or blandly, unattractively sexless (like most surnames as first names) to me. I like names that I can picture on handsome, smart, capable men and beautiful, smart, capable women, which I find it harder to do when a name doesn't have much history.

Your list of new names are not too far of a stretch from the old names. I personally don't care for Aubree or lauren, leah or Eli. I would either go with Mackenzie, Lilah, or Carter. Good luck!

Back