Anyone have problems with Samsung cooking range oven racks?

kimr

Apr 10, 2008
Have a solid top Samsung solid top range. The oven racks tilt forward when you pull them out and the pans slide off...Is it just me or is this a design flaw? We have tried to install them every which way and it still happens.

You are probably pulling them out too far. As soon as the back end of it comes out of the sidewall notch and is pulled too far forward it is off balance and therefore tips down.
Hope this helps.

Kim, looks like it's not only with Samsung, we have another brand, and have had the manufactures in twice. The representative from the actual service department tried and he had the same problem, it happens when there is weight on the rack. The arguing has been going back and forth for 10 months, looks like we are getting another stove.

Kim, I also have a Samsung range and according to Samsung, the racks are designed to tilt when in between full extension and fully pushed in to allow easy movement. If you pull the rack out to the stop then it will support level. Now with that said I too find it to be a big pain in the butt especially when you have a heavy object on the rack such as a turkey. This is the only problem I have had with my range and enjoy it otherwise.

Back