Too old for learning karate?

v_2

Mar 6, 2011
21 right now wondering if that's too old. Also if its weird for being a girl wanting to learn karate?

ok my son goes to karate. and there are at least 11 40-50 year old learning karate and not to mention the instructors

What for?

Age must not be a barrier if you really are want to learn things, because in our dojo, we had two practitioners that is more than 50 years of age, yet they are so active and energetic.

Being a girl and doing Martial Arts doesn't mean she is a weird, it just show that she is arts lover and willing to achieve new kind of ability.

Good luck

I am a girl and I do martial arts, and age has nothing to do with it, the only problem is if you go to a club where there is like 6 year olds going it can make you a bit self conscious :S hope i helped :)

Im 19 and I do karate. Real Karate is meant for Adults to learn. They have adult classes. You can never be too old.

I will do karate till I die or cant physicly do it anymore.....

Absolutely not! You are NEVER to old to learn a Martial Art, and its not weird at all for a girl to learn Karate at all. I say to go for it, and if it helps, maybe try MMA instead of just Karate

Ha ha, In my dojo we have people who are 30-40+ wanting to join, and they do fine.
Go for it.
And no, it's not weird for a girl to learn a martial art, In fact there are some girls who train the same style as me, who could whip my ass...when they are holding back. Gender and age don't really make much of a difference, so give it a go!

You are never too old for any martial art as long as you're willing to work. And no, it is not weird for women to learn Karate.

Nope, that's a wonderful age to start learning. I have a black belt in Karate and Taekwondo, and I'm a girl. Go for it. :)

Back