LGBT POLL: What specific old-fashioned homophobic terms for gay people...

I really don't find many homophobic terms offensive, other than homosexual.

I find it amusing that in the US, people find the word f*g very offensive, but, in the UK, asking 'can I bum a f*g?' is a legitimate question with no reference to gay people (it means 'can I have a cigarette?').

Ironic that you said fruit.. what with your profile picture and all lol.
I don't know any old fashion ones, but I can't imagine that any would bother me. I only hate 'f*g'
But I don't really get bothered by any unless they are said in a hateful way?

I don't know why there is a question mark at the end lol

OH! and I hate the word dike.

...bother you the most? Like 'fruit'? Shade of lavendar, queer (weird)...etc

Since I said "old-fashioned", putting f*g and homo, aren't the kind of answers I want.
Bum chum...The list goes on and on..
One time I was hanging out with my older LGBT-friendly galpal, and we were watching "8: The Mormon Proposition" because we live in Utah and we both used to be Mormons, and it's fact that the Mormon Cult created, funded, advertised, and legalized Prop 8...Well, her husband is still Mormon, and he was going out to get us ice cream, and when he asked what I want, he made it complicated (he's very eccentric and odd, to say the least) and I got confused and was like "strawberry, I like fruity flavors" ,and he was so tempted to make a gay joke. You could totally tell. He just awkwardly paused, lost in thought, for a second and then grabbed his coat and left.
@Jennifer, lmao, I have that photo because if you look closely you can tell the banana is going like ;D all pervy. I have a perverted sexual sense of humor. I put fruit cause of that story ^^ :)

@Sam, sorry, but I seriously cannot stand queer. It literally means weird, and it is comparing homosexuality/gay people to weirdness/oddness, saying that homosexuality/gay people are odd. That's how it originated in the 70s. It's the old-fashioned version of "That's so gay!". So offensive.
I love the word queer when it is used to mean weird, though. 'Tis fun to say. Idk if that's what you meant.

I really don't find many homophobic terms offensive, other than homosexual.

I find it amusing that in the US, people find the word f*g very offensive, but, in the UK, asking 'can I bum a f*g?' is a legitimate question with no reference to gay people (it means 'can I have a cigarette?').

I don't know any old fashion ones, but I can't imagine that any would bother me. I only hate 'f*g'

I HATE f*ggot. Every time I hear someone say that I always tell them, "you know a faggot is a bundle of sticks, right?"

I also hate "pillow-biter" and "fairy".

Fruitcake and sissy-boy are really irritating. My Dad insists on using one of the two EVERY time a gay guy comes on TV without fail even though I've told him they're not acceptable terms... Those are the one I hear most often. Butt-pirate, fairy and Pansy are ridiculously annoying too.

I love the word queer though(obviously only when used in a positive way) so just mentioning that its not by any means an exclusively negative term.

Back