How do I record PAID cable tv like a DVR (No DVD or VHS) without a subscription?

thefox47545

Jan 27, 2011
Ok here's the deal. I need a device that can record just like a DVR but I don't have to pay a subscription. I don't want a DVD recorder, let alone a VCR. But I want a device that does the same but like a DVR, with no disc or video tapes. I looked and looked and can only find devices that record broadcast (local) channels. I don't want this, I need it to also record PAID cable channels (encrypted), basically I need a device that can record anything you hook up to it like a DVD Recorder or VCR. Also I do NOT have a cable box (so no cable card), just a rf cable that comes from the wall. Is there anything out there I can use? PS: Channel Master and HD Homerun will not do as they only record local channels. Moxi won't do for me either as it requires a cable card.

I have a TV card in my desktop computer that allows me to record over the air digital TV or cable or satellite to my hard disk with my 650 GB hard drive up to 300 hours but it sounds like you want to steal the content can not help you their.

Back