How To Unlock BlackBerry Bold 9780?

tonyroger123

Dec 28, 2010
USA
Unlock a BlackBerry Bold 9780 by following our free steps. An BlackBerry Bold 9780 unlocked will work on any SIM card based phone network, such as AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint PCS. In order to fully unlock your BlackBerry Bold 9780 you will need to an unlock code. This unlock code will remove the SIM lock that comes on many SIM based BlackBerry cell phones by default. Once this SIM lock is removed, you will be free to use your BlackBerry Bold 9780 with any GSM or SIM card based mobile phone carrier you wish

The best way to unlock your Blackberry is to buy unlock codes from a trusted vendor.Search internet for mobile phone unlocking websites. You will come across a thousand websites who can do this. Choose which ever you like. Do look for price comparisons and the unlocking instructions.

Recheck the Model number- Network to which your phone is locked to and the IMEI number before placing an order. If you made any mistakes in these details these people will never give you a refund!!

One more thing, before placing an order ask them about the conditions for getting a full refund in the case of a code failure! Think and make a wise decision.

I have personally bought the code for my Blackberry Bold 9780 from unlockgenie.com . It is because they have good reviews on most of the mobile phone forums. I got my phone unlocked successfully from that website. I think their codes don't fail..

Instructions for unlocking Blackberry Bold 9780 from UnlockGenie.com

Warning! The Wireless Mode MUST BE OFF before performing the given SIM Unlock instructions in order to avoid causing the device from becoming defective.

How to turn Wireless Mode Off:

1. Scroll to the Airplane Icon (Turn Wireless Off.)
2. Press Select.
3. Wireless Mode will turn off.

How to SIM Unlock the device:

1. Go to the "Options" screen
2. Select the "SIM Card" option
3. Type ALT-MEPD (hold ALT key while typing the 4 Letters, M-E-P-D)
4. Release the ALT key; it should then display a list "SIM, Network, Network Subset, etc..."
5. To select "Network" type ALT-MEPE (since E is the Key that gives 2 when shifted)
6. Release the ALT key, it should then ask for the code
7. Enter the unlock code provided.
Note: In case of difficulties when entering the code please try the alternative instructions below:
Alternative Instructions how to enter the unlock code.
***** You must have a SIM card in your phone to complete these steps. We recommend using the SIM card that your phone is currently working with *****
1. Go to settings
2. Go to options
3. Go to advanced options
4. Go to SIM card
5. Type MEPD (not case sensitive) (you will not see text appear on screen while typing)
6. Does it say Network active? If so your phone is locked
7. Hold the ALT Key while typing in MEPE (not case sensitive) (you will not see text appear on screen while typing)
8. It will say "Enter Network MEP Code, then you type in the 16 digit unlock code, press in the jog dial to confirm
9. Your phone is now unlocked

Click here to Unlock your Blackberry Bold 9780

hi thanks for the valuable information which you had specified here .i wish to add my unlocking experience here .i too had the same blackberry mobile which i brought from uk locked with t-mobile provider.i have no idea about how to unlock it many guided me to use software ,but the process seems to be long.one of my friend guide me to use codes .i got the unlock codes from here theunlockarena here they ask the country and the provider to which the mobile is locked then the imei number of the mobile .finally they send me the codes to unlock the mobile.once i entered the codes in my mobile it get unlocked.i felt happy with their service.they provide the unlock codes for all mobile models.

Thanks Tony

I was able to unlock my BlackBerry 9780 from UnlockGenie. I was able to unlock my phone from T-Mobile and move to Verizon as the customer service people at UnlockGenie guided me through the whole unlocking process.

Back