why do soo many people make a big deal out of our war?

• Thread starter r.i.p. chuck schuldiner
  • Start date
R

r.i.p. chuck schuldiner

yes people are dying over in Iraq and i'm sorry to head that, but the thing is why do people make such a big deal out of this war, veitnam was worse than this soo why do so many people think its such a bigger deal and add stupid ass conspiracies too it

btw this is for a school project.........

War itself is kinda a big deal. Its not like the president or prime minister or wherever your from is gonna be told " were at war" and their gonna say" oh. No biggie". It is a big deal. Also ppl are talking about this particular war more because its an unpopular war. WWII was a more popular war because we were liberating Europe from the Nazis. And stopping them from taking Britain and moving on to America.

This war was to help a bunch of angry muslims who dont like us.

It has cost us a lot of money, and we are over there telling them what to do when our very country is in a mess as well. It makes us a bit hypocritical.

I think we are not making as big of a deal about it--in the old days, they would save things, and have shortages and have to donate whatever they could to the war effort. It might not be fun, no, but it would help to make sure we felt the war over here and were sacrificing along with the soldiers and making a genuine effort. It also promotes a sense of nationalism.

Over 4,000 US soldiers have died. Over 50,000 are physically and mentally crippled for life. The tax payer is paying for the war and it's after effects.

We started the war more for gasoline and to show power than out of necessity. Bin Laden who devastated our country with terrorism on 9-11. has nothing what so ever to do with this country and the people we're fighting over there.

Certain people ( many friends of Bush) are making billions because of this war. If we want to fight unjust situations we would be fighting China. (probably would be wiped off the face of the map by them as their leader seems to be somewhat insane.)

Viet Nam may be worse for whatever reason but that doesn't make it okay to have another war. This war is totally unnecessary. ...idiotic. It's put us into a recession.

Bush had 2 businesses before he was pres and he ran them into the ground. Now he's doing it to an entire country. Very few foreign countries respect him. They think he's an immature dummy playing a game of "big shot pres.."

I am personally embarrassed that our country could elect and then reelect such a jerk.

I am a registered Republican.

Well, we invaded a country that had done nothing to us, was not a communist regime, and had basic religious freedoms. There were no ties to the terrorism of 9/11. So we invaded Iraq, overthrew the govt and destroyed the army. Civil war resulted, tens of thousands of inocent iraqis including children-died, (are those deaths insignificant?????) and the US has spent nearly a trillion $ there while destroying our economy at home. Where have you been? Oh, and over 4,000 US military died, and over 10,000 are permanently disabled due to the war. Bush said in his election campaign in 2000 he was going to get Saddam "because he tried to kill my daddy". That statement is on video on the internet. So a trillion $, over 50,000 deaths for Bush's personal vendetta. Not close to the genocide of Hitler or Mao, but genocide just the same. Oh, and by the way, the religious freedom they had (there once was a large christian faction) is now gone. Most christians either fled, were killed, or are hiding their true religion. So yes it is a big deal. Any death is a big deal for that person, his or her family, and friends. Multiply that by 10s of thousands, and yeah, it is a real big deal. By the way, we are seen over there not as "liberators" but as invaders and occupiers, and apparently we are. Heck, we are still in Germany 60 years lat,er and Korea 50 years later. So I bet the Iraqis are not expecting us to leave any time soon.

because tony blair lied to us, he said saddam could bomb your house in 45 minutes....he was lying thru his teeth

Because they are too young to know what war is about. All they know is what the media in its various forms tells them, and that is a bunch of crap.

There is a very good reason for us to be at war with Iraq. I don't know what it is, you don't know what it is, no one knows except those who need to. This is a good time to trust that those in charge have the country's best interest in mind.

well-sorry to nform u. the conspiracy is with every war since the civil war. the last war we fought out of testosterone.

what conspricy? there are no WMD's
we have killed innocent people in their thousands ,god forbid if it was somebody u kneew died how would u have acted
DOUBLE STANDARDS

Here is some trivia for your school paper. Look into how many men used to die in a single battle in WWI and WWII. The numbers will be big reality check I guarantee your.

Back