Standout Jobs leverages social media for finding and review job candidates [Maple Lea

admin

Administrator
Jun 17, 2007
Canada
ben-yoskovitz-standoutjobs.jpg
Standout Jobs has made another innovation to their Reception hosted career solution with some features to help employers track and research job candidates:

New applicant tracking features include:
  • Candidate Sourcing: Improved sourcing through the Talent Scout bookmarklet for finding candidates and researching them online.
  • Employee Reviews of Candidates: Invite employees to review candidates voting and leaving comments to improve collaboration throughout the hiring process.
  • Add Files to Candidates: Associate files to candidates including portfolios, assessment tests, and more.
  • Research Candidates: Quickly gather online information about candidates from Google and social networks, and associate it to their profiles in the Candidate Relationship Management Tool.
  • Improved Usability: The Candidate Relationship Management Tool is the easiest to use on the market. Streamlined features and well-organized interfaces ensure quick adoption for the HR staff and entire team.
Source: Standout Jobs Adds Applicant Tracking to Online Career Sites - CEO to Speak at ERE Expo in San Diego, March 31 to April 2 | Standout Jobs
Are we ready for the social media job application?

I wonder if people are going to be wondering about the researching candidates through the Net. Of course, we know it happens and we do it all the time. When I’ve hired bloggers here at b5media or previously with One By One Media I always check out what people do online. Sure this is because I need to check out their blogging, but still…
It should be common practice, I think, to see what job candidates are doing online. However, are employers ready to make the distinction between someone’s work and non-work activities? This has come up in discussions about Facebook and that everything you do online, stays online forever.
Reception is the next-generation career site

Don’t think this is a criticism of what Ben and Standout Jobs are doing, I think pulling all these data together is a great thing for employers. Not to mention the ability to consolidate the other information and give people the chance to contribute to the process. Hmm, wonder if they have a system to check if people have reviewed a candidate. Now that would be a great feature.
Photo by Tris Hussey
Tags: Ben Yoskovitz, career websites, careers, HR, jobs, Montreal, Standout Jobs, Technology, web 2.0Share This
</img>
</img> </img> </img> </img> </img> </img> </img> </img>
</img>

Back