can the ps3 play avi videos with divx codec?

jay

May 16, 2008
i am a big fan of two and a half and so is my brother, i have recently started downloading all the seasons of the show and there is a lot of episodes so i want to put them on discs as avi divx files to save discs i have a software where i can convert avi to other formats and can also change the codec to divx. this works fine on my xbox 360 but i dont know whether it will work on my brothers ps3.since i know nothing about the ps3 i guess what i want to know is if there is a update that my bro can get that will allow his ps3 to play the videos or does the ps3 just play them thanks for any info.

Do you have a hard drive, like a 250GB one? Then you can just plug it into the USB port of the PS3, go to VIDEO, press on the triangle, and select display all. Navigate to your videos, and start playing them! You would be surprised by the amount of video formats the PS3 can play.

If you don't have a hard drive or any type of USB, sure you can burn them on a disc. However, burning is a pretty complicated process, but it will definitely play on the PS3 if done right.

Good luck.

Back