If a woman engages in consensual sex, feels remorse for her actions but does not express them to her partner?

<<lover>>

Feb 22, 2008
If a woman engages in consensual sex, feels remorse for her actions but does not express them to her partner?

...then regrets her actions later, does that constitute rape or assault? Can a man be held responsible for a woman's inability to express her displeasure?

No. That cant be called rape. I have had consenual sex with a few men, and thought after that it was a mistake. But not rape or assault.

This is some sort of a joke, right? You really cannot be serious, or THAT stupid.

I dont believe so. I think we need to take responsibility for our own actions.My husband brought home 2 work mates to share me with. Now I didnt want to do it, but not wanting to upset my husband I did it. Course I felt remorseful.There is no way I would ever accuse any of them of rape! I had a choice, coulda said no...but chose not to..that makes it MY problem!

No. Men aren't mindreaders. It would be great if he realized that she wasn't really into it, but in the heat of the moment it can be difficult to notice such subtle signs. She needs to learn to communicate her feelings better.

No that is not rape.....neither is getting to drunk and sleeping with someone you normally wouldnt sleep with (unless some date rape drug is used)Mr M: and the sources that states ever where from 20-90% are true are so great you use a site that hates women...

Legally speaking it does not amount to rape.However.....Feminist groups are fighting to change the definition of 'rape' (again) so that regretted sex can be construed legally as rape. It will not be long and the average man will require legal representation prior to any carnal activities to be there, with video recordings to prove his innocence.Sadly, some feminist book from the 70s 'claimed' only 2% of rape accusations are false, but to date not ONE single person ha sbeen able to to trace the source of her claims. Sadly, it is still repeated by feminists as if it were fact even though it seems to be someone's wild imagination.ETA: Untamed Rose, please now - don't you recognise the difference between hating "women" and fighting "women who hate men"? That's the difference, hun :eek:)

The key words here are "Engaged in Consensual Sex." The man in this case did not force, threaten, or even assault the woman into having sex. Did not impair with drugs or alcohol or anything that would constitute a thought of rape. If it was bad sex then move on. If she totally regrets it after wards this is really her issue to deal with. If it becomes an overwhelming thought seek counseling.The better question is why she would want him to be accountable for the Consensual sex?!

I think it's neither. She consented, but did she feel remorse 'during' or 'after' the sex? If during, she may have a case there. But unfortunately did not express this to her partner; either during, (or after).Many of us may feel remorse for choices we make, that we openly choose to partake in the start. If we see our choice all the way through, and then regret/feel remorse, we can only blame fault to our self and hopefully lesson learned.And no, I don't think the man should be held responsible for a woman's inability to express her displeasure. If we don't tell men that it was not pleasurable, they're going think they're studs. Does that makes sense? Like if I cook a dish, and my husband eats it all, (but secretly didn't care for it) and says nothing after, I'm going to assume he liked the meal and more than likely make it again. Though my husband might think it to be an assault on his taste buds!

No. If it was consensual, then that's simply called regret, not rape.

According to many gender feminist sources yes she can feel she was raped. That is why they can get such a high number of women who are raped and do not report it. Most of these women themselves would not say they were raped. Some of these same sources have declared that any time a woman has sex with a man...it is rape because she can not give informed consent.

Oh, certainly not. We're responsible for our actions and if you don't actually say no, then the other person can't be held responsible for not being aware. I think I disagree about the drunkeness thing though. At least if the woman is passed out. If she's at least physically conscious and willing, then again, you can't blame a guy for not being a mind reader. But if she's passed out and non responsive. C'mon, be serious, is she really consenting when she's not in a state of mind to even be conscious?

No that doesn't constitute rape or assault. But I'm tired of hearing the implication that many women who regret having sex with someone run to the police screaming rape. If that were true, probably every woman alive would file a rape charge at some point in her life. And since this is clearly NOT the case, it should be kept in mind that those who make false accusations based on "regret" are very few.

No. I will never understand women who regret having sex afterwards. Yes, I've had a few less-than-pleasant experiences, haven't we all, but I put it behind me and get on with my life. I'm not going to claim that any guys who were crap in bed RAPED me just because it seems afterwards that sex with them wasn't as much fun as it should have been. I'm not going to cry RAPE on a boyfriend who cheated just because I would never sleep with him again after I found out. Consent is not something you can withdraw post-coitus. And it shouldn't be. Your body, your decision, so live with it. There is no reason to regret an experience, because even a bad experience can teach you something. Eg. I wouldn't know which positions I don't like if I hadn't tried them. Now I would never consent to some of them if I was asked today, does that mean I never consented to them in the first place? Of course not. And what is the woman's inability to express her displeasure? If you can't even say to your partner "That didn't work for me", why would you even be with that partner at all? Communication is important and if you can't talk to each other about these things you certainly shouldn't be doing them together. If you don't want to talk to him, I suggest you break up with him and move on, as opposed to crying RAPE. Any woman who would belittle something as serious as rape by crying it in any of these circumstances is pathetic and has no appreciation for the suffering of others who actually are raped. It sickens me that a woman can make up something like this when it actually happens to so many people and they are unable to get the help they need because some stupid liar is using it as an excuse to get the attention she desperately craves.

Not if she doesn't express her doubts before or during (assuming they don't stop). You can't expect people to just know, and body language signals can be misread, so how could the men be to blaim?And nobody could make this count as rape Mister M, and I seriously doubt anyone is trying too. Paranoia is not healthy.

The question is "How can I prove it was consensual when you say it wasn't?"

Obviously not rape, but it is according to feminists' ever-expanding definition of rape. This was included in a proposed amendment bill in Australia that also defines which other acts constitute rape: 'If a woman goes home with a man and sleeps in his bed, this Bill will assume he has raped her if at the time of intercourse:1. She was "intoxicated" or “asleep”2. She is not satisfied that he was entirely honest about his identity3. She withdraws her consent for any reason and at any time but does not state so4. There was any miscommunication about his or her intentions.'Basically assuming the amendments are made, the law would recognise the man as a rapist if the woman chooses to withdrawl without informing him explicitly-- it's up to him to figure it out. Or if she has a few glasses of wine and doesn't disclose any of this information; he can accordingly be charged with rape. Which he has no defence to. http://www.familylawwebguide.com.au/attachment.php?id=636&keep_session=1368689880

Yes and how about patio furniture? Should we not hold the same standards regarding sex with picnic tables?http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,343031,00.html

No, that would be absolutely ridiculous. If she gave informed consent before it happened, it's not rape, unless she tells him to stop in the middle of things and he refuses.

Back