Do you remember when VCR's were the norm before DVD/BLU-RAY?

Aug 31, 2010
For those that don't know what a VCR is, it was and big heavy blocky electronic machine that would pull in a cassette about the size of a shoe. Movies were inside these tapes and you could rent them for $5.00 each for only one day and pay $20 of late charge.

When you wanted to watch your rented movies, you just slightly push the cassette inside the opening of the machine and the machine would pull it in and start playing the movie for about five minutes before it would rip the whole tape apart in half. You needed a screw driver to open the machine to get the cassette out in time before it would get charge as late fee.

yes, that was only like ten years ago, im 18 and i remember. its not like its ancient history, im sure the large majority know what a cassette looks like and they arent as big as a shoe. my tapes only got jammed like one time and the rental fees were only like $3 and the late fees were like $2 a day. stop exaggerating.

yeah, man weren't those the days haha now everythings digital, DVDS are going to be a thing of the past in a few years, seriously

I remember those. I still have one...actually 2. I'm only 13, and people even used them a lot when I was young. I have so many videos on VCR from when me and my older sisters were little.

heck yes i remember VCRs, I still have two and all the cassette tapes to go with them! i miss those things. they never froze up like DVDs do.

I thnk so... it's kinda fuzzy though. Geez it wasn't THAT long ago. My brother still has a few. Oh, and I have a combo unit, duh. I forgot about that.

yes and i remember when there was no vcr's i even remember when there was no remote controls and black and white tv

I do! I remember when DVDs first came out and thinking how awesome it looked when you fast forwarded and rewinded them.

Yes, I remember them quite well. Tapes lasted longer than discs do, but I HATED rewinding those things.

I remember when there WERE no VCRs, Pong was the only video game and people were still buying 8 track systems.....

Back