just curious what kind of internet service do you have?

cuteredhead

Mar 16, 2008
curious to see if anyone uses dial up
i did have dial up when i lived in the country but now i live in town and i have a wireless and lol i never new the internet could actually be fun

dial up? wait an hour to download a song? never!!!!

highspeed dsl

At& t ....... through my phone line. I had it through my cable but I changed it.

Charter cable.
dial-up? does that even still exist?
actually, i suppose it does. i work at a information technology help desk at my university and this lady called the other day with a problem with her internet and then, 5 minutes later, she called back. i asked her if she was near a computer so that i could walk her thru the process of repairing her problem and she said, "no, i can't use the internet when i am on the phone".
in my head i was like, "whaaaaaaat? are you serious?"!

We are on broadband. Had it about 6 mos. Dialup was the only option here until this company started up.

I know there are lots of people who simply don't have any other option, just because of the economics of it. To install a broadband connection out in the country is going to be limited to whatever is available, and unfortunately, there are places it ain't happening.

I think it's really rude to put anyone down who has dial-up because it may be beyond their control. That was the case for us, anyway. We desperately wanted off dial-up, but everything was cost prohibitive before.

Back