Teachers,Bribes and Graduation?

Nikkiz

Mar 19, 2008
Im a senior in HS. I graduate (or hope to do so) in 30 something days.I bombed last quarter.Im suffering from bouts of depression and in a recovering stage. I got a job and joined rec and competition soccer at the Rec where I work. Im ready to focus on school again. Im willing to do anything to get my grades back up to passing. My one teacher wants me to turn work in and after he looks at it he'll make his decision on whether or not he'll accept it. I offered to help his decision making along with a bribe. It was only bringing him coffee. I really want to graduate but should I really go to the measures to do so?Also, im not sure if he'll push for more bribes? And not sure if he'll ask for different kinds of bribes, if you know what I mean.I don't really have a question but Id like some insight and advice and just your thoughts on this.Thanks x3I didn't offer any sexual favors. Hes a starbucks fanatic. I offered to bring him his fav coffee. I just wanted to know if people thought that he might take that as a sign that he can ask for more things?

If you really want to graduate, do your work and score high on remaining tests.I'm going to pretend you didn't insinuate offering sexual favors to a high school teacher. I'd like to believe there are still some teenagers with self-respect and integrity out there.

"bribing" a teacher is bad.use the coffee as a thanks for giving you this opportunity to make things up.lol he won't take advantage of you and ask for more things... don't worry about it :p

Lol! If he's a cool teacher he'll take the coffee bribe. Or not. And he will still pass you. Im sure your teacher cant be that big of a jerk if he accepted. He's probalby gonna just pas you if you put in the effort to do the work. If he wants more from you i.e. sex, then you are shyt out of luck.

Taking coffee to the teacher was nice, but should never be a condition to graduate. Working hard, and turning in work to make up for the stuff you didn't do earlier should be the way to make up work. If the teacher makes it a condition, do it for a few days, keeping the receipts, and tell an adult. Also, keep a pocket recorder on you if you really believe this is happening. Never go further with any kind of sexual offer! Immediately report him to the principle and the police. Call 911 from a cell phone or anything before he gets a chance to do that to someone else. Good luck, and hopefully, he just wanted coffee.Good luck, and

It is possible he may ask for more favors. Be prepared if he should to say no, I will retake the course first. You should have tried harder the first time around and you would not be in this situation.

Coffee is nothing in a senior teacher relationship. In my experience, by the end of high school teachers begin treating students a little more like adults. I would not think anything of the coffee. If he hints as to anything sexual or money I would flee and quickly. Doing something like that con not only get both of you in trouble but it can also have you grades checked and your diploma taken away. Then just think of how you would feel next year walking through the halls. Coffee or food I'd say is no big deal, as it is done when there is nothing to do with grades just the same, but anything beyond is a big issue.Good luck with graduating.

Okay if you are really serious about passing i suggest that you speak to all of your teachers, not just 1 of them. See where you are standing and find out what grades you have to make in order to pass the classes to graduate. If they don't want to tell you, get 1 of your parents to do down to the school and speak to the princepal. Have your parent inform them about you recovering from depression. Sometimes they make acceptions, and allow you to make up your work. Your best bet though is to show the teachers that you are really trying, and inform them about the troubles you had at the beginning of the year. Some teachers actually help students, ask if there is any extra work you can do in order to get bonus points at the end of the year. Teachers pass students that try, not students that are lazy and just didn't do that work. You have to really focus on your grades, and if that means dropping out of your extra curricular activities then so be it. It is either that, or repeat a whole other year in high school. As for the coffee bribe, well that can help too. If he is any kind of a good teacher he will accept the coffee and that is all. As teachers they vow to teach kids, and not to take advantage of them. So Good luck, and I hope your teachers pass you!

Back