¿Does a european union citizen requires visa to...?

ttt

Nov 12, 2007
My boyfriend and I are planning to come to US for vacations but the problem is that I ignore if he needs to have a visa of turistbecause for me at least I know I need it, and I have it, but what about him, he said he doesnt but, is that true?Somebody can tell me please?

Which countries participate in the Visa Waiver Program (VWP)?Currently, 27 countries participate in the Visa Waiver Program, as shown below:Visa Waiver Program - Participating Countries.Andorra Iceland Norway Australia Ireland Portugal Austria Italy San Marino Belgium Japan Singapore Brunei Liechtenstein Slovenia Denmark Luxembourg Spain Finland Monaco Sweden France the Netherlands Switzerland Germany New Zealand United Kingdom How Does a Country Qualify for Visa Waiver?Select Visa Waiver Program - How a Country Qualifies to learn more. Which travelers may use the Visa Waiver Program to enter the United States?Nationals of the 27 countries participating in the Visa Waiver Program may use VWP if:The purpose of their stay in the United States is 90 days or less for tourism or business (if in doubt, travelers should check with the nearest Embassy or Consulate to verify that what they plan to do is considered tourism or business. Transit through the United States is generally permitted. Note that foreign media representatives planning to engage in that vocation in the United States are not eligible, as the purpose of their stay does not qualify as “business”. These professionals must obtain a nonimmigrant media (I) visa. See media visa for more information. Also see Visitor Visas – Business and Pleasure; They present a machine-readable passport (MRP) valid for six months past their expected stay in the United States (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions). This includes all categories of passports -- regular, diplomatic, and official, when the traveler is seeking to enter the United States for business or tourist purposes, for a maximum of 90 days Depending on when VWP travelers’ passports were issued, other passport requirements will apply. Please refer to the Visa Waiver Program Traveler Guide on the United States CBP website for additional details on this program. These passport requirements are:- Machine-readable passports issued or renewed/extended on or after 10/26/06 – integrated chip with information from the data page (e-Passport)- Machine-readable passports issued or renewed/extended between 10/26/05 and 10/25/06 – requires digital photograph printed on data page or integrated chip with information from the data page- Machine-readable passports issued or renewed/extended before 10/26/05 – no further requirements They have complied with the conditions of previous admissions under the Visa Waiver Program, and have not been found ineligible for a U.S. visa; and If arriving by air or sea, they are traveling on an approved carrier (almost all major airlines and cruise ship companies are currently approved carriers - copies of carrier lists may be requested from the Department of Homeland Security’s National Fines Office at 1525 Wilson Blvd., Arlington, VA. 22209), and have a return trip ticket to any foreign destination.*; or They can demonstrate the intent to stay 90 days or less in the United States and demonstrate sufficient funds to support themselves while in the United States. Learn more on the CBP website. * VWP travelers who have been admitted under the Visa Waiver Program and who make a short trip to Canada, Mexico or an adjacent island generally can be readmitted to the United States under the VWP for the original admission period. See the Department of Homeland Security’s Customs and Border Protection (CBP) website for additional details. Also VWP nationals resident in Mexico, Canada or adjacent islands are generally exempted from requirements to show onward travel to other foreign destinations. Learn more at the CBP website. Get more info at:

Back