Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ramadan: Was This Too Rant-ish?

It didn't show up last time, but I wrote a blog entry on the topic of the end of Ramadan and Eid coinciding with the anniversary of 9/11, but I worry that I either went too preachy in parts or that I got facts wrong, etc. If you would be willing (it's a tad long), could you tell me if I've given the wrong impression or if I properly represented the attitude of American Muslims this Eid?

After the http:// just paste in christianityandislamquesttounderstand.blogspot.com/2010/09/statement-for-eid-and-911.html

For some reason my questions keep disappearing and I haven't gotten any violation notices, so I'm clueless as to what's going on with my acct, lol.
    AAAANNND it cut off what I was typing in this question... Yahoo is driving me batty

christianityandislamquesttounderstand. blogspot. com/2010/09/ statement-for-eid-and-911. html

Just get rid of the spaces between the dots and the backslash before "statement".
    Sorry to hear you were stuck in a polygamist Mormon group, but Islam hasn't been that way for me. I'm more respected among the people I'm around than before and treated better. And, unlike church where I'd feel like family ONLY after I paid to be a member, I am always welcomed with open arms in a Mosque. Never had a bad experience there. I get a sense of peace.

Junior Member PassionateSurrender's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I sped read your blog, I am still not quite sure what Islam has done for you that Christianity could not do for you???
    I cam out of a cult...Mormonism...that believed in polygamy and downgraded women and believed that the Men were the authoritarians and that God only speaks to the men and women were to remain barefoot and pregnant...same as Muslim...both religious prophets saw an angel that helped them translate a book...same/same. Both downgrade women, only Muslims say that a women is a sex object and therefore has to be covered from head to toe, this is so sad, the Muslim God cannot bare to look at his creation..,women and hear her prays unless her head is covered...if he is so ashamed of his creation then why did he create her??? This is so sad.

Oh well whatever makes you Happy, being deployed to the middle east really opened my eyes my dear, you really need to make your pilgrimage over there and see your sisters.

If you feel like blocking me then do so, you won;t be the first.

Junior Member SombertheModerate's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is good!