...norm of any relationship in any family My husband and I have been married for less than a year, and his mother's already gotten into a major fight with me. I have known her for almost three years, and we have never had a conflict before. She's recently attacked me verbally in a car when I asked her son what he and his psychiatrist had recently discussed and whether his meds had been effective. She said it was "None of my business" and started "vein-popping" screaming at me. She almost threw me out of the car. I know she was trying to protect her son's privacy rights. But he does share these kind of things with me. Plus, don't I have the right to know this as his spouse? His psychological condition affects both of our lives, so I DO have the right to know whether his psychiatric treament is effective. It could also be a cross-cultural difference. I was born and raised in Europe. Should I forgive my mother-in-law? She apologized for yelling, but has stuck to her guns. Both in-laws always scream at me and my husband! Pls help!