is 40 gb memory enough?

tttgabytattt

Mar 16, 2008
i want a 40 gb ps3, but i want to make sure its enough memory. i want to play around 10 games, and i want to be able to play them online. i dont want to have to worry about the memory being filled. would i be okay?

get your stuff right man there is no such thing is 40gig memory its hard drive space the memory would be the 256MB of ram the PS3 already has and as for as playing 10 games on the PS3 on a 40gig hard drive i would upgrade it to a 120gig hard drive or a 150gig hard drive then you wont have to worrie about it thats what i did to my 40gig PS3

40gb is more than enough for just game saves. You could store hundreds of game saves on the 40gb without a problem.You would only need a larger hard drive if you plan on keeping every demo you download and use you PS3 for storing videos. Demos can be easily deleted after playing them a few times, so that is no problem, and if you want to use your PS3 has a media center you can simply upgrade to a larger 5400rpm 2.5" SATA laptop hard drive ( http://www.newegg.com is a good place for computer components). If you just plan on using the PS3 as a gaming machine and a bluray player, then 40gb is more than you'll ever need. Just delete demos/videos after you get bored of them, and you'll be fine.

no its not because no one is telling you about the required space to download on each game that will come out in the future rainbow six vegas 2 needs 3 gbs but most games will need 5 gb to install for faster loading time so if you want to play 10 games it will take 50 gbs and ps3 does not start with 40 gb because of the ps3 software i think the they start at 33-37gbs i dont know because i have the 80 gb but mine starts at 74gb so i personal recommend that you get the 80gb because if you have 10 no way will you have enough space i hope i helped you out and save you money (best answer)i also know that 80gb is not available wait till june 12 if you get the 40gb you will regret it and you still need room for demos which are 1200 mbs

I have the 40GB PS3, it is plenty of space.You have enough room to pretty much do whatever you want. But as for having 10,20,30 games, you have more than enough space to hold all of them on there.Don't worry, I went through the same question's when I was going to buy my PS3, and I bought the 40GB and I'm happy with it.Have fun!!

Back