Chinese Martial Arts? Kung Fu?? Hmm?

tjgml90

Nov 27, 2009
Hey guys!! I'm 20 years old :/ and a girl,,

I've always had interest in chinese martial arts,,

and I've always wanted to try it but never had the... i don't know.. to just.. start it.. u know??

but I live in Northern VA and I just suddenly wanted to try it out

I'm always catching colds and over weight a bit,, 5'2 and 152 pounds..

and i want to get healthy and start living a new life basically

Im a bakery student and it's basically using my body and holding myself up all day

so i wanted to kno if this was a good idea??

i should never take anything lightly and just try it out but should i??

but where can i get a good master and a place,, in VA

i don't want to go to a place where they'll just rip my money off of me

i work and go to school i don't have much time... but if you think it's a good idea

give me some tips about it

I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT I"M UP AGAINST

so ..,, i don't know wanything about martial arts!! so pleas eHELP THHANXXXX

9209746 White Birch Kung Fu Academy in Arlington.
The sifu is credible and his school caters to beginners, at least acc. to the website.

Well Kung Fu is a generic term used to describe all Chinese MAs. There are hundreds of styles of Kung Fu. U should check google for a list of schools in ur area so u know whats available to u. Research the schools, their instructors, and their lineages. After u sorted out the McDojos u should visit the schools and talk with the instructors. Then decide for urself which is right for u.
I personally prefer Chen Style Taijiquan. Its a great MA if u can find a good instructor and it works wonders for ur immune system. Finding a good Taijiquan instructor is difficult because of all those new age @ssholes who teach it as a health exercise. Anyone who makes it sound mystical either has no idea what theyre talking about or is just trying to rip u off.
Good luck

I go to college in Ohio, and im thinking about join this local kung-fu place, I've had four years of karate when I was a kid, so im sure i'll like it, and who wouldn't want to be able say that they know advanced kung fu one day? I recommend it, and ya im pretty sure that i'll be joining to.

I go to college in Ohio, and im thinking about join this local kung-fu place, I've had four years of karate when I was a kid, so im sure i'll like it, and who wouldn't want to be able say that they know advanced kung fu one day? I recommend it, and ya im pretty sure that i'll be joining to.

Before joining, try to search for all the posts here in yahoo! answers, for the type of martial arts that you are interested in. Try to look for the topics on what to look for in a dojo or dojang, how to spot a fake school, and the lineage (if it is a kung fu school). Also, before joining, take their free class offering and see if you're going to enjoy it, how the instructor conducts his class and how students interact with instructor/fellow students.

You might also consider the schedule, location and fees.

Back