Shaolin Kempo Karate... www.OmahaKarate.com is this place any good?

FLYAWAYHOME1

Aug 28, 2010
I started at karate at USSD but when I moved to Nebraska they don't have USSD here! Everyone says it is commercial but my experience there was wonderful.... maybe they brain washed me. I tried several other place but didn't like them. Does anyone have any recommendations?

- Mixing and matching style names from several different countries
- An "FBI Crime Report" link on the main page
- Rokudan in three martial arts in only ten years? And that it takes only 20 years in traditional schools?
- A very "creative" story about the origins of Shaoling martial arts
etc., etc.

Ladies and gentlemen, what we have here is a prime example of a McDojo.

There are several things on his website that are about "selling" his school versus teaching an art. He also makes claims as being the youngest 10th degree and blah blah...which is joke. He also claims to have 6th degree black belt in three systems but has not trained that long...blah blah blah...

Personally I would not train there as it has several signs of being a chain school of mcdojo. They have a black belt club and masters club which are more expensive so that qualifies them as a mcdojo.

Looks like a Mcdojo. This place has a black belt club, a masters club and VIP program.

"Geary is part of a lineage that dates back to the Japanese Samurai and the monks of the Shaolin Temple in China (525 A.D.)" - ... What? Does he think having some sort of connection to asians gives him more credibility for teaching martial arts?

Back