Liberals complained GM made gas guzzlers and sent jobs to Mexico, why did

LouisFreely

Jul 8, 2010
the Dems decide to bail them out? All day long I read liberals complain out gov't helping corporations, about corporations shipping jobs overseas. Prior to the GM bailout, I heard liberals complain about gas-guzzlers from Detroit.

With all that why did the Dems decide to bail out a corporation that pollutes the air and ships jobs to other countries? Why aren't they consistent with their positions on corporations? They complain about unfair benefits to corporations but do the ultimate unfair benefit to GM.

Is the Democrat hatred of the free market so intense, they don't want the free market to work when the businesses fail?

Because there still tens of thousands of auto jobs in the US, and more tens of thousands of supplier workers, and then the hundreds of thousands of workers who work at companies around the areas where the car factories are located. that is who the bailout, much of which has been repaid. It's one thing to let a company fail, but then you have millions more unemployed to deal with, most in the "Rust Belt" areas.

So much to learn, and so little desire to learn.

Not sure if I can muster up enough to even feel sorry for you.

So much to learn, and so little desire to learn.

Not sure if I can muster up enough to even feel sorry for you.

Take with the left give with the right double standard two faced mentality of libs

I am on the fence with the auto bailout, while I do not want to see Government protecting corporations that make bad business decisions, I hate seeing more unemployed manufacturing sector employees in any country.

To be fair GM has (or at least will soon) pay back the entire bailout.

Because they wanted to own the industry.

Now, through taxation, you have to pay for a GM car even if you don't buy one.

Because the bail out was not for GM, it was for the United Auto Workers. Democrats are beholding to big labor.

Because the bail out was not for GM, it was for the United Auto Workers. Democrats are beholding to big labor.

Back