Is there anybody out there like me?

A

Arizona17*

I do have friends and everything but i guess Im just getting sick of hanging out with most of them because we think absolutly nothing alike! mi friends all care about their stupid boyfriends and turning them on. well anyway im really artistic and i find joy out of writing poems and stories. (which Ive been doing since I was like 2 years old) and mi teacher always tell me that I need to try to get one of my stories published.okay so a few days ago I realized that I AM WEIRD and i shouldnt be ashamed of it so I started dressing how I wanted to dress and started listining to music that I wanted to listen to.but now my mom is mad at me because she wants me to be normal and fit in with the other kids.I just wish that I could prove to her that there are other kids like me but Im not so sure if there even are anymorethank you sooo much to all of you who answeredyou were incredibly inspiring and it makes me feel SO much better to know that there are so many people out there who feel like I do.its gonna be really hard to pick a best answer and to all those people who wanted to chat with me if you view my profile I allow people to see my e-mail and IMso anytime you want to talk I'll talk back.:]thanks again.

I love writing too. If you wanna chat, I'm always open to meeting new people :)

I would look at it as YOU are the normal one, everyone else is weird. There is nothing wrong with you, you are just more intelligent than most others. Keep writing!

follow whats inside, as long as its safe the term is not weird but nerd. there are alot more of us(nerds) than "normal"people. enjoy yourself

Don't be a sheep. Follow your own beat, and the world will follow you.Ask your mom if she thinks Einstein, Shakespeare, Aristotle, etc. were 'normal'... Normal is nothing but what we say it is. We create our own world.

Well your mom should be the LAST person trying to make you conform to the "normal" kids! She should encourage you to be yourself! I do, yes there are others like you and even if there weren't, you're still you and that is SUPA COOL! You aren't weird, you're creative. My brother is a writer too and some people that have met him think he's weird, but he's not :)

I am an artist of words and have been "weird" my whole life... there's something about creativity that people just think is "strange" or abnormal which makes us "weird"... I prefer eccentric, it has a nicer ring to it... And don't be ashamed of who you are... one day you are going to find a group of people just like yourself once you stop with the high school people and realize you are just fine the way you are and will be appreciated and will appreciate people who are just like yourself... it's not a bad thing... later you'll be more open minded and tolerant than most...

Focus on finding friends that share your interests in music and writing there are people out there the hardest part is finding them. Don't give up.

Always be you and don't worry about being true to yourself. It will work itself out and you will be happier in the end. :)

be yourself and do what makes you happy, no one can tell you how to be/act. its your life and you should live it your way! tell your mum that your happy with the way you are and that you are an individual not a puppet for other peoples ideas. that might make her a bit mad so pan it down a bit, but you get the jist of it!

be what you are!see to what are youre true colors!be proud!were just almost the same,and i will prove to them that wiyh my true personality i can go further,i can reach my goal with my true colors,do whatver you want but see to them to youre parents that this will not lead you to a disaster,ok.:)

One of the most truly great and liberating things you can do is to completely be yourself.Wear what you like, listen to what you like, and please, do not ever do anything just so you "fit in". You will feel fake and hate it.Also, there is no such thing as weird. You just have a different outlook to the majority, thats all. If anything it makes you very interesting and brave.Don't listen to your mum either, she is just scared that you don't fit in because it makes her feel good to have a "normal" child, whatever that means anyway.Ask your mum to encourage you in your writing. Ask her to encourage you in yourself, its the way parents build confidence in their children.Be yourself. Don't worry about turning the boys on, you'll probably do that in later years when you have a beautiful mature flair anyway, from your writing, and all your friends have smelly kids that eat fish fingers every day and their boyfriends have deserted them for other girls with no baggage.Carry on carrying on!!

I am one too.I don't fit in with anybody else in the hole world.you are not alone.I am very Gothic and my mom tryed to change me too.I love my life that I finally get to live the way that I want to.Don't change for anyone.

i like this......do ur own thing....i wish i could do that....in school i've these friends of mine sticking to me...i just kind of put a mask on me....as if i'm really enjoyin... i suppose i don't have the guts to go off on the loners path...i'd love that though....but u can't just live with online friends....u need too have some real friends around you too...find some ppl of the same wavelength as u are...it's difficult yet not impossible...u'll meet some people further on in life...i'd like to chat with u though...i guess we are more or he less same...

oh god, I'm the same way, people tell me I'm weird, some say it just joking around and some get really serious about it, and everyone knows me as the odd one. (i don't even fit in with my family) but its okay i got used to it. and there is more than life than boyfriend and turning them on! i think that you should continue to be yourself and listen to whatever you want! i get the same thing from my mom, i love rock and techno, and I'm the only one that listens to classical music, and they tease me about and i can care less i just smile and turn on the music and just let everything go by...=]you should continue to write yr poems& stories and DRESS HOW EVER YOU WANT! YOU CANT PLEASE EVERYONE! just be yr self, and if they dont like it, well then f****them! its yr life! not theres!!dont ever try to be something yr not!its not worth it! life is short, ENJOY ITdont waste it by pleasing other people.live it however you want!:)

Ok, so who you are isn't exactly normal in todays society. But it my eyes you are and I think you are unique.When I was in school I loved to read and write. Almost all of my friends were honestly s*uts and I wasn't. You're not weird, you're perfect the way you are. Your little friends who are so worried about turning on their bf's will be pregnant in hs most likely and you'll be graduating and writing books. Don't change who you are, for ANYONE.

Well its okay to be different really!!If u listen to rock music well then i add u on my friend list!

Back