How can I tell my friends and family that my long partner I want a quiet wedding?

night_lounger

Feb 24, 2008
Not because we are miserable but because all our familes have commitments with young children...too far for them to travel with young children..

Option one is to just tell them you're not planning anything major and perhaps next time you're back home you can throw a casual party.You can also elope and send out an announcement of the marriage. Or just plan and go through with a small wedding inviting just the few key people and then later on throw a party to celebrate with other family members that couldn't be there. As long as you do it tactfully I'm sure it will be fine.

why would you want a quite wedding without your family,I am sure they dont mind travelling for the occasionA event does evryone goodso your wedding is just gonna consist of two people?make a day of it!!!!

It's YOUR wedding just be open and honest and tell them the truth. You want something kinda small and quiet. No big deal... Congratulations!

Just make your plans and inform them of what you have decided. It's not a big deal, many people have small quiet weddings nowadays. What are you afraid of?

Yeah, you've just got to let people know that a quiet wedding is what you want- period. You don't want to let too many people get involved in your decision-making when it comes to your special day because, trust me, before you know it they will have take over and then it will be too late for you to say what you want because no one will listen. Just stand your ground upfront and be consistent about telling people what you envision and want for YOUR big day. Congrats to you!

Just tell your family and friends that you want a quiet wedding. There is always some one upset over a wedding -make sure it is not you. This is your day so have it your way. Many congratulations for the day too!

why not 'elope'? just the two of you! find yourself a pretty dress, pack your bags and go! whether its out of town, out of state or you get married by your minister in the church's vestry! have a couple of days honeymoon - just the two of you and enjoy yourselves! then once you are home send out announcements to everyone! have some photos taken of the two of you on your wedding day and send those along with the cards announcing your marriage. its fast, simple and romantic as you want to make it! it will save you money, your family and friends money and at the end of the day you will be mr. and mrs.!!happy wedding sweetie!

This is your wedding day and you need to do whatever you and your partner feel is best.I had so many issues over my wedding as i just wanted a small wedding but my family had many other ideas and in the end i got fed up with it and we did elope to Gretna Green just me hubby to be and 2 friends as witnesses and though i am sorry that my family werent there it was the best thing i ever did.We had a fantastic day and we let everyone know when we come back. I am celebrating my 4th Anniversary on Wednesday and whenver i am asked would i have done it different well if my family hadnt wrecked my 3 attempts before this to get married then yes i would have but do i regret my decision no way not for a minute.Stick to your choice choose what you want and dont let anyone else try and take over :)Good luck

Back