what else can i use as a clicker for ma birds?

Feb 15, 2008
i've been surfing the internet they always says use the cliker but i dont have a clicker any ideas what else i can use besides a clicker?a clicker for birds

Clickers suck. Just do it your own way, by repetitiveness. I think clickers stress birds They are great for dogs, but not for birds

You can click your tongue or snap your fingers or anything really. It really doesn't matter what you use as a "clicker" as long as you reinforce that sound consistently in the same conditioning you would if you did have a clicker. Even so much as a "clever bird!" or other saying used EXCLUSIVELY for training is enough to act as a conditioned stimulus.The basis of clicker training is classical conditioning, and if you Google the origin of classical conditioning, their stimulus is a bell. The same can be said if you consistently click a pen and smack someone in the face. Sooner or later, they'll start flinching with the pen click even if you're not going to smack them - so that stimulus can be anything in the world you want it to be (haha, lame example I know).

Back