Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads

Did I get rid of my computer virus?

If you deleted it from the vault then your safe, One thing I always do is once I find a virus is to leave it in the vault or quarantine for a week or so to be sure the file that is in the vault is not essential to the computer and then if after a week your system still operates good then go ahead and delete it,,once a virus is in the vault it can no longer harm your system;SG

Melinda

Did I get rid of my computer virus?

AVG isolates virus in Virus Vault. Here, it can't do any harm. You have the option of emptying virus vault or deleting affected file. (Go to Action). Some times emptying vault does not remove virus fully particularly if it a Trojan Horse type. In that case, check the affected file and if you don't need delete file. After removing virus, always re-run anti-virus programme to be sure that virus is totally removed.Always update your anti-virus programme. whether it is AVG, McAfee or Norton etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12