...Heroes' Heart? Hello there,
After I write my "Blood Beams" story that some of you may have read about already on Yahoo! Answers, I was wondering if I should write this new story. (I prefer to plan my stories in advance) It is summed up more or less in the following...

~ The Heroes' Heart ~
It's always a bad omen when you're born on a solar eclipse, especially if you're a prince like Prince Bradford (called Brad for short). In this case, the world's threat is the plague of dragons. And the local seer claims that Prince Bradford is the only one who can rid the world of the deadly plague. However, things turn out a little unexpected when the eighteen-year-old prince is sent with a troop of soldiers to the dragon kingdom. You see, the dragons also received a prophecy from their seer who happens to be an outcast half/elf who fled to their kingdom for safety. The dragon prophecy is that Prince Bradford will rid the dragons of the human plague. Meanwhile, all the other races are trying to get their hands on Prince Bradford because their prophecies state that he will destroy their race and probably their world too. Things get even more complicated when Prince Bradford tells them he doesn't believe in prophecy and to leave him alone. But the half elf tells him that the only way to make peace between the nations is by finding the mythical Heroes' Heart that is exactly what it says it is--a mummified heart from an ancient hero. The problem is that the rather gruesome treasure was last reported as being held by a fierce and bigger than normal goblin-giant inside a dark and evil labyrinth filled with a myriad of obstacles. To make matters worse, the only way to get through the labyrinth (since there is no map) is by taking on the memories and soul of man who designed the labyrinth. Prince Bradford will still have his own soul and mind, of course, but there are after-effects of the ritual. The other option is ignoring all the prophecies of all the other races and, by doing so, bringing about the end of the world otherwise known as the Apocalypse.

So, what do you think? Has this already been used before? I know something like that has been used in Star Trek: Enterprise but this is slightly different. Of course, the half elf goes with him and they get together eventually. A dragon accompanies them and an ambassador from every race including the goblins and trolls go there too. They all want to make sure that Prince Bradford doesn't run away when he goes on the quest for the Heroes' Heart.